You have to admit, plant-forward diet is trendy right now. Snapchat, Facebook, and Instagram are flooded with posts accompanied by hashtags like #healthyeating and #plantbased. From how it prevents diabetes and heart diseases to saving the environment, the word is everywhere that it helps you achieve your fitness goals. Even celebrities
like Alia Bhatt, Akshay Kumar, Sandra Bullock, and Arnold Schwarzenegger among many others have tried the plant-based diet.
But how does it look for the ones who are not in the glam industry or have absolutely no interest in their daily eating habits? What happens when we take the filters off and assess this lifestyle from a raw lens? Many questions are lingering around this topic.
This blog is an honest attempt to inform you on how a plant-based diet is good for you because your daily eating habits significantly impact your health.
At the outset, many non-vegetarians are slowly changing their eating habits and choices. After all, excess fat and cholesterol can not be good for your body. The advent of the coronavirus pandemic has only hastened this shifting in eating habits & choices.
Plant-based protein is gradually becoming a part of mainstream global food culture, and it even has environmental benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should switch to plant-based meat alternatives, including obvious health and wellness benefits:
1. Health Benefits: Everyone wants to be healthier, live longer, and enjoy more delicious food. By switching to a healthy plant-based diet, people can reduce the consumption of meat that contains harmful antibiotics and saturated fats. It also improves your physical fitness.According to statista.com, Cardiovascular diseases accounted for 28.1 percent of total deaths in India. Meat consumption is one of the underlying reasons behind such unfortunate health conditions. The rate is estimated to grow by manifolds in the coming years if people do not adopt a healthier choice of eating.
2. Better Quality of Sleep: One of the major benefits of switching to plant-based protein alternatives is that your sleep quality improves. Your body can digest and process the food you’ve consumed faster, freeing up your digestive system to relax sooner, and ensuring a night of sound sleep.
3. Keep Illness at Bay: Plant-based protein alternatives are void of all the unhealthy things in processed meat like fats. At the same time, it also contains a lot of potassium, fiber, and protein. There is no harmful cholesterol, which ensures that there is a low probability of chronic diseases like heart problems & diabetes affecting you.
4. Reducing Animal Cruelty: By switching to a plant-based protein alternative diet, you are no longer playing a part in inhuman levels of animal cruelty that is part & parcel of the processed meat industry. As an animal lover, you will be leading the change to reduce unnecessary suffering of animals for our carnivorous needs.
5. Environmental Benefits: According to the United Nations, animal agriculture is one of the largest sources of greenhouse gas emissions. According to a report by OurWorldinData.org, beef contributes 17.7 times as much Greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) into the atmosphere as tofu!! Moving away from meat production also allows the planet to recover and replace the depleted resources. By utilizing this space to breed plants & grow crops, the greenery of the planet will also regenerate.
The more you get to know about what you are doing to your bodies, animals, and the planet by eating animal-based food, the less appealing it tends to be.
Reducing your meat consumption is a powerful way to get healthier and a step back from climate change. And if you were wondering when you should make this switch, now is the time!
In conclusion, switching to plant-based meat alternatives is the best decision you will make, both for you and this planet.
Evolved Foods is producing ready-to-cook, 100% plant-based protein as an alternative to the meat you can use in your daily cooking.
With us, the diet gets a whole lot cooler and delicious. So you probably also know what you gotta do!
(We just had to end it with a CTA because that’s what our marketing strategies suggest!)